- 06/M child came with a severe pain in abdomen for the last few days
- EUS revealed a dilated fusiform intra pancreatic portion of the CBD and MPD with large soft stones leading to dilated CBD and MPD with changes of chronic pancreatitis.
- ERCP was considered – Selective cannulation of MPD was achieved and pancreatogram confirmed EUS findings
- All the soft stones were cleared from the MPD and a 5 fr single pigtail stent was placed into the MPD
- In view of abnormal LFT a 7 fr stent was then placed in the CBD, patientâ€™s symptoms subsided immediately after the procedure
Take Home Message:
Irrespective of the age of the patient even in children, EUS-ERCP interface allowed us to provide accurate diagnosis and optimum immediate treatment. Patient will require a definitive surgical intervention once Cholangitis and Pancreatitis subsides.