1.What is jaundice and what are its causes?
Jaundice is the primary sign of liver and biliary tract disorders which is Characterized by yellowish discoloration of eyes, urine and nails. Causes are divided into medical jaundice and surgical or obstructive jaundice.
2. Is the treatment for all these types of jaundice are same?
No, treatment of jaundice will depend on the underlying cause
3. What are the causes of medical jaundice?
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Blood disorders
- Liver cancer
4. What are the causes of surgical jaundice?
- Stones in CBD
- Cancer of pancreas
- Cancer of gall bladder
- Cancer of CBD
- Parasitic infections
5. How is the cause of the jaundice diagnosed?
- Blood investigations
- Stool R/M
- USG Abdomen
- CT Scan Abdomen
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
6. What is the role of endoscopy in the diagnosis and management of the Jaundice?
Endoscopic treatment of jaundice is a minimally invasive and safest procedure with lowest morbidity and mortality rates
7. How has introduction of endoscopic ultrasound changed the way Jaundice is managed?
EUS is the gold standard for diagnosis of jaundice and EUS-ERCP interface can treat the cause of jaundice in the same sitting.
For Detail Information please Click Here